Before you hire a tile installer, make sure he or she can give you a good answer to the following questions:
- What TCNA method they will use to install your tile? (Tile Council of North America Handbook clarifies and standardizes installation specifications for tile.)
- Where the movement joints will be located and what will they be made of?
- What is the span of the joists? (Can the floor carry the weight of tile without excessive deflection?)
- What level of service and warranty are provided on the labor and products?
- Will you need a vapor barrier? Crack isolation? Additional waterproofing?
- What experience they have with the setting materials? What advantages these materials offer?
- How they keep up with the latest industry advances?
- What associations do they participate in?